1815 Gervais St.
Columbia, SC 29201
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassion fail not. They are new every morning. Lam. 3: 21-23
Read what FRU
participants had to say:
Who we are?
Felons Are Us (FRU) was created to:
provide non-violent felons a 2nd chance to be productive citizens in society through assistance, encouragement and training.
Mr. Gary Washington is the founder of FRU and under his leadership; FRU has assisted various commercial, manufacturing and residential entities in moving furniture and heavy equipment in a safe, orderly and timely manner.
We offer corporate and residential moving options to fit your needs and move you for less.
What we provide?
FRU Moving believes in:
Adhering to SCDOT Safety and Road standards
Operating vehicles that are insured, safe, properly
maintained and operated by a licensed driver with the
appropriate certifications or licenses.
Conducting an extensive site survey to determine what
will be moved and what is required to transport items
Creating a prep-work checklist to ensure a safe and secure move by our moving specialists
We have a 53 - foot 18 - wheeler as well as accounts with : Budget, Enterprise, Penske and U-Haul.
We also have hand trucks and four wheel dollies. We can supply you with boxes
and/or pack your items for you. Share with us your desires and we will make every effort to accommodate them.
We place four lines of safety in place for our own customers which guarantees their overall protection.
- We have a partnership with the SC Dept. of Pardon and Parole Services, SC Security Commission and Christ Central Ministries which are the sources we use to hire our employees.
- We do not hire anyone that is “off the street.”
- Each of our partner agencies screen potential employees and “weed out” those that could be a potential risk to our business needs.
Furthermore, we have a three week training program teaching the FRU business model, quality control manual and employee handbook. All prospective hires take a drug test and have a background check (national and local SLED check). New hires go through our customer services profile procedures and safety briefings.
When they come to provide moving services they are equipped physically, mentally and professionally. Our team of supervisors is always on site with our workers and the supervisors interface the customer. We want your business.
& much more!
Benefits of using FRU's:
1) You will save 18% by using our services, on average. Contracting with FRU to fulfill your moving needs will permit you to benefit from a tax deduction contribution as we are a 501 (C) 3 non-profit organization.
2) Our moving company has the endorsement of the government bond program (of up to $5,000 per employee) which means that you can be assured that your items will always be safe and out of harm’s way when you select our organization for your moving needs.
3) Trained movers who are courteous, professional and uniformed.
4) We are experienced in handling large commercial, manufacturing, office equipment and residential items to be moved or transported.
5) Flexible hours (before, during or after regular business hours)
6) We are committed to completing the defined work on time and for the agreed upon cost.
7) We aim to make your move as stress free as possible by showing the same care for your belongings as you do.
8) We do local as well as *long distance moves (*please contact us for further details)
9) Your support will allow FRU to further give back to our community .
License secured....on the road again!
Your company's preparation and professional assistance helped me to hand a land a job at Plaza Cleaners. Because of your company's hard work and effort I was able to regain a place in the work force and for that I am internally grateful.
Eddie Jones Jr.
.Jonah 3:1 "And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time "